Welcome to the Parish of Holy Trinity, UOCC
We are a multi-ethnic parish under the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada. Our charter was established April 22, 1942, and we are a constituent parish of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada.
We, "The Church declares that its faith, dogma and doctrine are those of the One, Holy, Orthodox, Catholic (Universal) and Apostolic Church, as taught by the Holy Scriptures, Sacred Traditions, the Seven Ecumenical Councils, Ten Local Councils and the Holy Fathers." (Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada, Bylaws: Fundamental Principles, 2.01, July 10, 2010)
Further, "The Church recognizes the supreme canonical authority of the Patriarchal Synod in all matters pertaining to faith and canonical order." (By-Laws: Fundamental Principles, 2.02) As such, "The Church is an Archdiocese/Metropolia under the spiritual umbrella of the Patriachate of Constantinople and, as such, it is an integral part of the One, Holy, Orthodox, Catholic (Universal) and Apostolic Church, the head of which is our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." (By-Laws: Fundamental Principles 2.03)
The current building was created and built by the displaced Ukrainians after World War Two, who came to southern Alberta to work in the sugar beet fields. We are served by the Very Reverend Father Taras Krochak, (403-241-7742 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and are under the direction of the Congregation of Saint Vladimir (www.stvlads.com) in Calgary Alberta, and a beneficiary of the Southern Alberta Mission Project (www.stvlads.com/southernalbertamissionproject.html). We currently have over 14 ethnicities in the parish with the mission to live the Christian faith in Lethbridge. We welcome you to our website and to our church!
We are located at 643 13 Street, North, Lethbridge